- » With Medicare posting hospital charges, are doctors next?
- » House hearing focuses on quality’s role in SGR reform
- » Health spending slowdown shows signs it will stick
- » States wade into disclosure rules on biosimilars
- » VA tries quality improvement approach to medical ethics
- » Unwanted price to hospitalists’ growth -- more liability suits
- » Federal action sought to curtail drug noncompliance
- » In The Courts: Learn when it’s safe for doctors to say they’re sorry
- » Pay that motivates your medical practice staff
- » Pfizer fights Viagra counterfeiters with prescription website
- » Revealed names expose flaw in de-identified patient data
- » Paper-only prescribers become a vanishing breed
- » Technically Speaking: Mobile a likely key to more patient portal use
News in brief
- » Senators ask Medicare to use bonds to recoup overpayments
- » Slight drop reported in pharma pay to doctors
- » Disparities seen in treatment of hypertension
- » Health information group launches medical app user guide
- » Comparative effectiveness research funds awarded
- » Guidelines for end-of-life care get update
- » Prevention campaign offers doctors tools to fight obesity
- » Column: Many medical practices not ADA accessible despite incentives - May 13
Interactive graphic: Who is affiliated where?
■ Major health systems have launched affiliate programs that get their name out far beyond their usual geographic scope. Affiliates get to use the name and access to the resources of a major institution.